Yesterday afternoon, members of the Democratic Alliance (DA) in Madibeng met with the newly elected Mayor, Cllr Joseph Ratloy, and members of his new Mayoral Committee, where we raised urgent service delivery issues that require immediate attention.
The meeting followed the DA’s request for such a meeting immediately after Mayor Ratloy’s election to discuss these service delivery issues in Madibeng.
We discussed several issues, but most importantly:
- The terrible state of the roads throughout Madibeng, but with a specific focus on the Maroela and Knox Streets in Brits;
- The constant flow of sewage throughout the municipality and sewerage infrastructure maintenance;
- Dysfunctional street lights;
- The problems with erratic water supply, especially in Lethlabile, Mothutlung and surroundings;
- The general appearance of Madibeng with regards to grass cutting and litter.
The meeting was congenial and positive with Mayor Ratloy committing himself to address not only the above issues raised but also all other issues regarding the general state of poor service delivery.
The DA in Madibeng will hold Mayor Ratloy accountable to his commitment and undertaking to improve service delivery and we will closely monitor his performance. The people of Madibeng deserves quality basic service delivery and the DA will continue to put the people first.